About Me

My photo
I am a undergraduate student at a well known research univeristy in the South.

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Continuation from "Just Do It"


As I looked back on the blog "Just Do It," I wanted reflect more on how the process of going "green" can affect the world, as well as an individual. I know that before I wrote that the switch to go green can be easy and not alter a person's daily life, but I would like to back and clear that up.


Changing your lifestyle to go green initially may become a bit of a social issue. It is not easy to up and change the way you use electricity, water, and recycle; you have to be self motivated to keep on track of the new lifestyle. Shower time may have to be adjusted as well as other tasks in order to save water, but just like any other new task/ability, the final product comes with practice and time. The ability to teach children the importance of recycling and proper water while they are still young and developing is going to be very important with the health of our planet. The younger a child is, the less habits that they have and the easier it is to teach them new principles.


Obviously a great amount of attention is spent on the economy right now, but the ability to save money is always going to be available if you switch to a greener way of living.

No comments: